Nima Dayani, DDS, MS
Endodontist - Root Canal Specialist
Dr. Nima Dayani is an established leader in endodontic care specializing in root canal treatment. For the past 15 years, he has served the New York City area from his practice, Advanced Endodontics of NYC, located in Midtown Manhattan.
Dr. Dayani received his dental training at the School of Dental Medicine at SUNY Stony Brook before completing his General Practice residency at the University Hospital Medical Center at Stony Brook. He then received his Endodontics Degree as well as a Master of Science in Oral Biology, with a focus on pain management, from Temple University, in Philadelphia. Dr. Dayani has a bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry from SUNY Stony Brook. Dr. Dayani’s scholarly work has been published and he is often invited to speak to graduate programs or dental continuing education symposia.
Dr. Dayani is passionate about a number of causes, including getting oral health care practitioners involved in helping patients quit smoking. His volunteer work includes international efforts to bring endodontic treatment to indigent children, and fundraising for a multitude of health-related charities.
- Diagnostic Services
- Root Canals: Endodontic Treatment or Root Canal Therapy;
- Endodontic Retreatment including removal of posts or other obstructions from the root canal
- Endodontic Surgery including Apicoectomy and Complex Apicoectomies, bone grafts, dental implants and complex dental implant rehabilitations
- Emergency Dentistry and all emergency dental care to alleviate tooth pain and swelling
- Internal Tooth Bleaching
- Traumatic Dental Injuries, Microscope Dentistry and minimally invasive procedures.
- Bachelors: Biochemistry, SUNY Stony Brook
- Doctorate: DDS, SUNY Stony Brook
- Residencies: General Practice Residency – University Hospital Medical Center at Stony Brook
- Fellowships: Endodontics – Temple University
- Masters: Oral Biology – Temple University
- Board Eligible: Endodontics
Volunteer Attending Lecturer
Department of Dentistry
The Mount Sinai Medical Center and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Dayani, N. and Wolff, M.S.: The Cutting Efficiency of Air Abrasion on Tooth Enamel, Glass and Lucite, J. Dent. Res., 78: Abstr #3555, March 1999.
Dayani, N, Rankow, H. Raymond L: Comparison of Vioxx ™ to Ibuprofen in Postoperative Emergency Endodontic Patients: a Controlled Clinical Trial, J of Endodontics P292, Vol. 29, N.3 April 2003
Dayani, N. (2017, November 16) Why Dentists Need to Know About Smoking Cessation Treatment. Retrieved from http://www.speareducation.com
Lectures & Public Speaking
Dayani, Nima. (2016, November). Modern Endodontic Procedures. Symposium conducted at the Great New York Dental Meeting, New York, NY.
Dayani, Nima. (2013, November). Symposium conducted at the Great New York Dental Meeting, New York, NY.
Dayani, Nima. (2011, November). Pulp Regeneration. Symposium conducted at the Great New York Dental Meeting, New York, NY.
Dayani, Nima. (2008, November). Regenerative Endodontics. Symposium conducted at the Great New York Dental Meeting, New York, NY.
Dayani, Nima. (2003, May). Comparison of Vioxx ™ to Ibuprofen in Postoperative Emergency Endodontic Patients: a Double Controlled, Blind Clinical Trial. Paper presented at the American Association of Endodontics 2003 Annual Session, Tampa, FL.
Dayani, Nima. (2003). Endodontic Diagnosis. Symposium conducted at the New York County Dental Society, New York, NY.
Dayani, Nima. (1995). The Cutting Efficiency of Air Abrasion on Tooth Enamel, Glass and Lucite. Paper presented at the International Academy of Dental Research, Vancouver, Canada.
Public Service Initiatives
New York City Study Group – Faculty and Program Director
A New York State accredited continuing education miniseries curriculum offered to enhance the training of General Dentists in endodontics.
- Endodontic Diagnosis: 2003 – Present. Spring semesters
- Endodontic Rotary Instrumentation: 2003 – Present. Spring and Fall semesters
- Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis and Treatment Options: 2005 – Present. Fall Semesters
- Re-treatment & Why an Endodontic Treatment Fails: 2004 – present, Spring and Fall semesters
- Regenerative Endodontics 2007 – Present. Fall Semesters
SPEAR-NYC, Lead Faculty Member
New York City Dental Study Group – President
American Association of Endodontists – Member
Manhattan Dental Study Group – Member